Why United Streetcar Vehicles?
- High quality product which meets or exceeds safety and reliability standards
- Cost competitive
- Innovative and experienced manufacturer
- More timely delivery than foreign competitors
- Fully compliant with the Buy America Act – over 70% U.S. content
- Offers a variety of propulsion system options
- Using local vendor network with ease of service, maintenance and support
- Partners in Your Project – We encourage and embrace direct and open communication between ourselves and the customer before, during and after project construction
- Local / U.S. support on after market needs – spare parts, service, repair, etc.
- No risks due to currency fluctuation
- American manufacturing technique ensures higher quality and repeatability
- Provides a Green Choice for your urban transit needs
United Streetcar vehicles are fully Buy America compliant. Instead of outsourcing jobs, United Streetcar is “insourcing” jobs by bringing them back to the United States. United Streetcar’s decision to begin manufacturing streetcars domestically has developed into the creation of an industry. It has opened doors for vendors across the nation. Specialized companies who have never had the opportunity to work in the streetcar arena now find themselves with new work in their shops. In fact, over 200 vendors in 20+ states have worked on the Portland Prototype streetcar. New jobs are being created not only at United Streetcar/OIW, but in businesses across the country.